Anyway, as I'm working my way though all eight seasons, and at a much faster pace than when that TV show originally aired, I've come to change my perception on the characters quite a bit. I made a few notes and have yet to flesh it out for a blog post, but I can't help but think that all four guys in Vinnie's gang are not alpha at all. Even Arie turns into a pussy as the show progresses.
Just a few notes:
- Vinnie is rather indecisive; on the one hand, he is easily influenced by Eric and whomever he is currently fucking (this sends him eventually down a tailspin), but on the other hand he is very stubborn and makes a lot of stupid decisions, in the name of "integrity"
- Eric is totally pussy-whipped; can only gets laid in relationships (barely!)
- Turtle doesn't have any useful skills; he chauffeurs the gang around, sits Vinnie's dog, and later on only finds success due to luck
- Johnny is dim-witted; he could get a lot more action than Turtle (even though Turtle thinks he would get more ass), but due to his stupidity, which is a bit of a running gag, he talks himself out of getting laid fairly regularly
- Arie Gold was introduced as an alpha; in season one he tells Eric that he is fucking the current Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model; his character quickly changes to being pussy-whipped and later on it even emerges that his luxurious lifestyle is due to his wife's trust fund; he is also routinely humiliated by his wife, and thus exposed as a guy who only acts tough when she isn't around
If you're a fan of Entourage, feel free to comment below and let me know what you think of these impressions. I'll try to have an article up by the end of the week.